We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I enable AVG antivirus app disabled

radaratc
Resolved

Likes # 0

I downloaded and installed the AVG antivirus free for Android on my impression i10 Android Tablet. The app is compatable with my tablet. It shows that it was installed and I have an ICON on my tablet, but when I try to open it, I get "This App has been disabled." I have reinstalled it but still get the same problem.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Does it need enabling in the Android settings? What version of Android are you using?

Like this post  
radaratc

Likes # 0

I am using android version 2.3.1. As for the question "does it need enabling in android settings." I do not see anyplace to enable the app. When I go to Setting, Applications, Manage applications and click on Android Antivirus, in the settings screen, I get Android Antivrus version 0.63.13382.83743. Here I can uninstall and under Data, I get Clear Data and Move to SD card or Move to tablet. I have tried Move to SD card and Move to tablet. Either way, I get "This App has been unintalled."

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Take a look here - you should be able to find a solution enter link description here

Like this post
radaratc

Likes # 0

I am using android version 2.3.1. As for the question "does it need enabling in android settings." I do not see anyplace to enable the app. When I go to Setting, Applications, Manage applications and click on Android Antivirus, in the settings screen, I get Android Antivrus version 0.63.13382.83743. Here I can uninstall and under Data, I get Clear Data and Move to SD card or Move to tablet. I have tried Move to SD card and Move to tablet. Either way, I get "This App has been unintalled."

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

So you have two messages, one when you click on the app and it says it is disabled and one when you go to Settings and it says it has been uninstalled? Have you tried uninstalling the app and then re-downloading it? In the AVG FAQ it talks about AVG version 2.12 yet yours says 0.63... I guess I don't understand that either.

Like this post
radaratc

Likes # 0

Problem solved. The version 0.63 that I downloaded and installed said it was compbtable but it was not. I went to a different site and downloaded and installed version 2.12.2. It now works fine.....Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014