We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems Recording.

Dave510

Likes # 0

Iam trying to record Vinyl from my Hi Fi to my Laptop which is a new Laptop Iam on Windows 7 Home Premium Using windows internet Explorer I use an RCA cable from my Hi Fi to A preamp then a lead from my preamp to my Laptop which is a Dj Tech RCA2USB The Microphone on My sounds is on all I hear is the recorded Vinyl plus Background Ie Television or someone Talking in the Background To rectify this I turn the Microphone to 0 then I cannot record anything Can you Please help me.

Many Thanks.

David Swift.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Your post is quite difficult to understand. You seem to be connecting via a DJ Tech RCA2 USB interface ie sound in via USB not via your mic. Your mic is picking up everything in the room and is not recording from the hifi.

I've never used the DJ Tech interface nor USB sound input but suggest that the instructions should have told you how to configure the sound input. When you right click on the speakers symbol in system tray and open recording devices is a USB input shown?

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Iam basically saying using this USB Device the Recording does not work The Usb does not show in the Sound folder mind you I did notice a line symbol.

Dave.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Iam basically saying using this USB Device the Recording does not work The Usb does not show in the Sound folder mind you I did notice a line symbol.

Dave.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On your laptop, are you using Audacity software program to start/stop the recording? (If not, which program are you using?)

You have to choose the correct input device for it to capture the sound from. It is not the mic you want to record from, it is the DJ Tech RCA2 USB. Was there a manual or guide on the CD that came with it?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm not familiar with the usb recorder either. I do know , though, that to record sounds on your PC you need stereo mix in the sound properties. Right click the speaker icon in the notification area, select recording devices, right click in the box that opens, select "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices". Do you have stereo mix showing?

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

No stereo mix showing

Dave.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Stereo mix is showing

Dave.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

last try.... you have the cable...

www.djtechpro.com/product detail

So did you install the Recording Software? are you using Audacity software program to start/stop the recording?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

As Lotvic but make stereo mix the default device.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

ok yes I do use Audacity yes.

Dave.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Ultrasonic cover to aid the visually...

IDG UK Sites

Apple iWatch release date, rumours & images - October unveiling, December release expected

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow