We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems Recording.

Dave510

Likes # 0

Iam trying to record Vinyl from my Hi Fi to my Laptop which is a new Laptop Iam on Windows 7 Home Premium Using windows internet Explorer I use an RCA cable from my Hi Fi to A preamp then a lead from my preamp to my Laptop which is a Dj Tech RCA2USB The Microphone on My sounds is on all I hear is the recorded Vinyl plus Background Ie Television or someone Talking in the Background To rectify this I turn the Microphone to 0 then I cannot record anything Can you Please help me.

Many Thanks.

David Swift.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

This usb php device makes a crackling noise when i turn it on and the same when Iam rcording i dont know what to do Shouls i search google for Usb audio codec device and load it onto Audacity?

Dave.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The usb php device is probably the djtech. Is the device firmly home in the usb port and are all cables correctly attached?

As far as I am aware you shouldn't need to download any usb audio codec device.

You are making progress.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Thanks what should I do now?

Dave.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Dave.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Dave.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I've asked if you've checked the cables. Have you done that?

If it still continues to crackle and you have tried a different usb port then I cannot think of anything else to do but ask for a refund and try a different method of capturing vinyl. The snag with many laptops is that they do not have a line-in port which would be useful for your task.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Not yet you mean input and output

Dave

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Every single one of the cables. A loose connection could cause a crackle.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

apparently USB Audio Codec/USB PnP Audio Device are the same thing when you choose what to record from :) also apparently the usb ports on a laptop may have different power to them and you should try another port if one gives problems.

Progress, I found settings W7 that should stop sound distortion ionaudio.com scroll down for the W7 settings. then I found noterepeat.com which shows the settings for Audacity and how to record (with screenshots).

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Iam using a preamp with input L and R and Output L and R And DJ-Tech RCA2USB this is plugged into my USB on my Laptop and is plugged into Preamp Input Red into R and White into L An RCA cable next to it White into L Output and Red into R Output this going into a double socket into Amplifier on the Hi Fi Phones Socket and I record using the Turntable with Vinyl on it the Preamp is also plugged into an Electric Socket in the wall still here background interuption ie Television on or someone talking in the Background.Please can you help me on this.

Many Thanks.

David Swift.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites