We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems Recording.

Dave510

Likes # 0

Iam trying to record Vinyl from my Hi Fi to my Laptop which is a new Laptop Iam on Windows 7 Home Premium Using windows internet Explorer I use an RCA cable from my Hi Fi to A preamp then a lead from my preamp to my Laptop which is a Dj Tech RCA2USB The Microphone on My sounds is on all I hear is the recorded Vinyl plus Background Ie Television or someone Talking in the Background To rectify this I turn the Microphone to 0 then I cannot record anything Can you Please help me.

Many Thanks.

David Swift.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Gone into Sound Microphone no USB audio ciodec listed in there.

Dave.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Dave510 , my light-hearted shot was at lotvic, not at your good self.

My apologies if you thought otherwise.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Dave510, it's me rdave's calling an old fart, (well I am, but then so are 90% of us on here - including rdave) :D

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Way back - I asked if this was 64 bit Windows 7. The DJ Tech site only mentions 32 bit.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic, Woolwell has the idea that it could not be compatible with 64-bit? Possibly. I would still refer Dave510 to contact their support.

P.S. Woolwell is also an old fart..... :-|

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

I was thinking of deleting then Audacity plug my hi fi in and plug usb into laptop and hope the Audio usb codec comes up on my screen.

Dave.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Dave510 , not sure what you mean, why not drop them an email for support?

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

starting from scratch re instaling it.

Dave.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I've emailed djtech about 64bit, Woolwell brought that up way back, we didn't check..... I'll post if I get a reply from djtech.

Dave510 if you don't get along with Audacity, it might be worth trying other programs out to do the recording. You still have to get W7 to recognise the usb device though.

Can you confirm you are using W7 64bit and what make/model of laptop is it?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Dave510, worth doing it but make sure you run Ccleaner's reg cleaner after uninstalling it. I would also reboot. I think, if you have a 64-bit system, then it possibly won't work. See Woolwell's posts. If it still refuses to work then email then with your problem.

Seems to me to be a software problem from Dj Tech and you need to get a refund. My humble opinion only.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...