We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems Recording.

Dave510

Likes # 0

Iam trying to record Vinyl from my Hi Fi to my Laptop which is a new Laptop Iam on Windows 7 Home Premium Using windows internet Explorer I use an RCA cable from my Hi Fi to A preamp then a lead from my preamp to my Laptop which is a Dj Tech RCA2USB The Microphone on My sounds is on all I hear is the recorded Vinyl plus Background Ie Television or someone Talking in the Background To rectify this I turn the Microphone to 0 then I cannot record anything Can you Please help me.

Many Thanks.

David Swift.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Cant see the Usb codec choice.would i need a external sound card interface card for my laptop

Dave

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

We seem to be going round and round here. Suggest you email DJ-Tech Ltd. at [email protected] . From here.

They should set you straight, or refund you if software not fit for purpose.

Good luck.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I have been unable to find a Quick Start Guide.pdf for the cable you have (are you sure there isn't one on the CD you got with it?), but found one for the Alesis PhonoLink cable and this is what it says:

In most cases (especially if you are using Windows) PhonoLink will be automatically selected as your computer's default recording device. If you find you are unable to record any audio with PhonoLink, follow the instructions below for your operating system.

WINDOWS 7

1. Go to Start Menu | Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Sound.

2. Select the "Recording" tab.

3. Make sure Microphone – USB Audio CODEC is set as the default device, then click "OK."

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic , it doesn't show up and that is the problem. Dave510 needs to contact DJ-Tech Ltd.

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Iam thinking I need USb audio codec to be set up How do I do this?

Dave.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic, you're an old fart!

"1. Go to Start Menu | Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Sound.

2. Select the "Recording" tab.

3. Make sure Microphone – USB Audio CODEC is set as the default device, then click "OK.""

This is Windows 7 not XP. And don't listen to older Google advice... so say I.

:-)

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On the djtech product overview I noticed it says: "Compatible with most Mac and Windows (32-bit) class-compliant drivers and software"

Like this post
Dave510

Likes # 0

Iam an old Fart yes.Thanks anyway.

Dave.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

No such thing as an USB audio codec. The connecting USB is seen or not. Windows will do the rest automatically. You need to contact DJ-Tech Ltd about your problem .

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13 (grin) still getting at me 'cos I haven't fully converted to my W7 pc (thumb nose) :D

You'd better tell Alesis to alter their Quick Start Guide, I did a straight copy from it. (you may grovel, once you have read the .pdf)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home