We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Vista lappy & Nexus 7

AngeTheHippy
Resolved

Likes # 0

Evening Chaps, I can move files from lappy to tablet no probs, but as everyone knows - when summit connected to ya PC, (portable HDD, Kindle etc) you need to back it out by clicking it's icon in the SYS tray, otherwise damage can occur....only I DON'T have an icon for the Nexus 7 ! Any ideas why, please, and how I can get it there??

AngeTheHippy X

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

I don't know what &amp is! Should say... Lappy & Nexus 7.

Like this post  
northumbria61

Likes # 0

This should answer your query enter link description here

Like this post
AngeTheHippy

Likes # 0

Many thanks indeed, northumbria61, that's exactly it!!

Ange X

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I very rarely bother with clicking on the 'Safely Remove' icon, providing you are not transferring data then there will not be a problem.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Chronus is right.....

No harm can occur unless your PC is writing data to the attached device when you disconnect manually.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Unless you're using a Mac.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...