We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

A question regarding 'Samsung All Share'

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Windows 7

Hi guys, I just bought a Samsung smart TV. When I set up the 'All Share' my PC mouse went loopy! Everything it hovered over activated. It got to the point where if I had more than one window open the screen would be filled with pop-up menues. As fast as I clicked them off two or three more would appear. I couldn't do anything, it was a nightmare, so I uninstalled. But it didn't end there, for some reason when I uninstalled it caused the mouse buttons to be reversed (left instead of right handed). Although, it took me a little while to understand what was happening, it's ok now.

My question is, why did this happen and what can I do so I can use the 'All Share' feature. Or does anyone know of a freeware programme that does the same thing. I am aware that Windows 7 has a built in thing that allows it to share with others on the same network. But my wifes laptop is a Vista and 7 won't let me use this feature to connect to Vista. I am uncertain as to wether it would let me connect to the TV. Actually I've only just thought of that, perhaps you guys might have the answer.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Graphicool: not very helpful, I know, but I just installed AllShare on an XP machine and a W7 machine, and didn't suffer that problem. My problem was getting the TV to see the PCs. For reasons I don't understand, it can now see the W7 machine, but not the XP machine.

Out of interest, which TV did you get? I got the UE40ES8000, and I couldn't be more thrilled with it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added