We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

usb or host--2sockets both mini USB

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

2 socketson the edgevof a tablet both micro USB One is market with the familiar USB symbol

The other is marked. 'Host'

They seem to be inter changable- so what is the intended function of the host one?

As usual the four page 'Manual'. Does not mention it

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Not sure but I think that you'll find that host port provides power for external drives, etc.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Not 100% sure as I'd never come across this until a couple of weeks ago after I'd downloaded an App for my Android phone that would give me full control of my DSLR

I bought an host USB for my Galaxy and now I can fully control my cameras remotely. My understanding is a host acts as the master device for the entire bus, and a USB device acts as the slave. It would appear that you have both, this will enable you to connect such as a card reader or even a USB keyboard to the host connector.

No doubt one of our more learned members will explain in a more comprehensive way

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

HSS you mentioned a USB keyboard- that is interesting because in an earlier post I am also asking about using the Tablet with such a keyboard/wallet[ so that the whole thing looks like a NetBook]

All has worked well then the Alpha/Num keys stopped 'delivering' to the page whilst all the various function keys worked as they should

Looks like these tablet thingies are full of mysteries- perhaps thats why there is a dearth of manuals - no one knows how they work ;-{

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...