We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BT Broadband usage monitor working?

compumac

Likes # 0

Does anyone use the BT Broadband Usage programme as mine does not display my usage after the 22nd of September?

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The message on mine says Sorry, we are currently unable to present Your Product information.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I have just accessed the BTCare Community Forum website and there are several posts there about this referring to the 22nd September as a cutoff date for details. I had thought initially that this might have been something to do with me removing Java on that date (due to rumours about problems with the programme)but it would seem that it is BT and not my setup.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

This morning it had not updated but now shows usage up to midnight 23rd Sep.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

I looked at the Usage at about 4 o'clock this afternoon and it displayed the usage upto the 23rd September and I have just looked again at 22:25 and it is showing upto 23:59 on the 24th, so perahaps they are now catching up.

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 0

I did once try the BT Usage tool that they supplied, but i had issue with this as i have 5 computers and it only does the PC it's installed on. The type 3 BT Hub version A & B does have a usage counter on it, but not easy to use when you have to access the Hub all the time.

P.S...The difference between A & B Hubs is the USB support for NTFS hard drives.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

TIMBO I have had the BT usage thingy for a long time and have had perhaps sometimes 5 PC's using the same connection and the Usage does reflect the usage for ALL PC's connected to the same line.

Like this post
T I M B O

Likes # 0

compumac, Sorry i was not much use to you. The only thing i can think of is that the Firmware has been updated on the hub and may have caused issues with the software you use. Or another possibility, your line to the cabinet has been upgraded to fibre & that could have caused issue. BT Fibre

0800 111 4567 I hope this may have helped a little. ;-))

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

TIMBO. No need for sorry. Any replies to postings are welcomed. My initial concern was that the problem was my end, but it would seem that it is countrywide and I will just see as to when it does catch up. At this time it is still telling me Monday nights reading and this is at 09:30 now. Over the past few weeks the updating has got later in the day.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Mine shows up to 23:59 on the 24th, so yesterday has not registered so far.

Like this post
compumac

Likes # 0

Mine has now updated to 23:59 25th September - but not till late this afternoon, so perhaps they are catching up.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear 2 review: Classy Tizen smartwatch is too expensive

IDG UK Sites

Eight possible names for the next version of Mac OS X: What will Apple call the follow-up to Maveri?......

IDG UK Sites

Why our gadgets will kill us all: bleating notifications, too many chargers and the proliferation...

IDG UK Sites

Inside Twitter's new design and ad offerings