We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cooling fan on processor

weemacs

Likes # 0

My fan on my processor has broken. It is an AMD AVC model DE07015B12L. I do not need the heat sink just the fan and I can't find one can anyone help. The processor is and AMD Athelon (tm) 64x2Dual Core 5000+ and the mother board is and FC Figabyte GA-M68SM-2S2L. Can anyone advise please.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Try Maplins Click Hear

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Have a look through this lot

Cooling Fans

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Your processor uses an AM2 socket so any Heatsink / Fan combo advertised as fitting this will be suitable as a replacement (as long as you check that your motherboard supports both 3 pin and 4 pin fan power connections - if not then make sure you get one to match).

If you want to leave the heatsink and replace the fan only then I'd suggest you manually measure the fan, note where the screw holes are then search online for a suitable replacement, making sure it has a suitable connector too.

Personally I'd just replace the whole lot and go for something like this. Note you will need some kind of solvent to clean the old Thermal Paste from the CPU when changing heatsinks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad