We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Want to change time on photos

Phil Ocifer
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hopefully I have posted this in the right section - or should it be in digital?

I have just returned from holidays and took 3 cameras. I remembered to set the time on two of them but took about 50 pics on the 3rd camera which are now 2 hours out of sync. I was using the 3rd camera and the wife was using hers at the same time so we now have some of my photos which appear to have been taken after the wifes.

Can anyone recommend any free software which would allow me to change the time on these pics so that I can put all the pics off all three cameras into one folder, then sort by time and then go through them in sequential order?

If not, how would I go about it - any ideas? I'm guessing I could do something (i.e. alter the tagging info) in Windows Explorer but envisage it being mind numbingly tedious having to go into Properties for each picture.

Fortunately it doesn't have a time/date imprinted on the photo (Panasonic).

Windows Vista (totally up to date).

Thanks in advance Phil

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

This might do it. Exiftool.

Like this post  
hssutton

Likes # 0

I think you may be better off with PhotoMe as it's a little easier to work with, but you will have to alter the date/time manually on each individual image. PhotoMe

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronus - that appears to have done the trick.

Yes, hssutton - a little difficult to work with but I found the relevent command, tried to work it out from the dos help file and eventually went back to the website and got another instruction from there.

Now I'm having problems copying from camera 3 Sony format card, but I've clicked the tick box (do the same) and it's progressing.

Thanx all

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV setup advice: Apple TV hacks to help you create the ultimate Apple TV hub in your home