We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer 10, is it available?

Muergo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I read that there is an unfixed security problem with I.E. 8 and 9, recommendation is to go to I.E.10, but I can't find a download unless you have Windows8, which I don't.

Is this alert just for USA market only?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

There was an update to fix the vulnerability the other day. Check Windows update.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I have only just seen that this was automatically installed yesterday, is this the one that fixes it?

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9 for Windows 7 (KB2744842)

Installation date: ‎22/‎09/‎2012 03:01

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system that is running Microsoft Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=255505

Help and Support: http://support.microsoft.com

It didn't tell me before that it was installed, I was going by a newsletter report.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

That's the one. I always have updates to notify me first before downloading and installing. It was posted by Zac originally, click here.

Like this post
Muergo

Likes # 0

I always used to take the inform then download route but then because of frequent trips away I forgot about them, so it's easier to put on auto except the non essentials.

I'm still interested if I.E.10 is available as I'm using Firefox more and more but would like a more stable I.E. as it still keeps freezing and restoring (sometimes) but FF has been fault free for ages.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

might not come out till windows 8 comes out in oct

Like this post  
Muergo

Likes # 0

I'm sure they said it would work for W7 as well as W8, and I am certainly not prepared for another changeover, I read that having stopped support for XP they are going to pull the plug on Vista very shortly but W7 ought to last as long as XP.

I'm not enamoured with touch screen, I have enough trouble with the touchscreen on my Windows Phone, let alone on a desktop, W8 is probably aimed at laptops and smaller.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room