We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which Synctoy do I use?

Housten

Likes # 0

Good Afternoon,

I thought I would try SyncToy to see if it is as good as many people on here have said. I have looked it up and there are two versions; they have same name but the end of one has 'x64.exe' and the other 'x86.exe'. I do not know which to use!

I have an almost 6 year old computer running Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium, with a dual core processor and I would like - if possible, please - someone to tell me which version I should try/use to make best use of my computer and the programme.

Any and all help/guidance/information will be accepted gladly.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

x64.exe, as the x86.exe is for the 32-bit version.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

rdave13,

Many, many thanks. Exactly what I want, so I will try it tomorrow.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I think you might like SyncToy. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, but it does exactly what it says on the tin - it backs up your files efficiently and automatically.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Have a look at this,Its very easy to use. here...http://freefilesync.sourceforge.net/usage.php

Good Luck

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

catpwss,

Thanks for this. I have downloaded the file - after reading about it - and I shall try it in about 3 or 4 weeks!! Not being akward but my wife and I are off on a 3 week+ plus cruise for our 40th Anniversary, so I will not be doing very much - i.e. NOTHING!!!!! - on my desktop and only checking emails via her laptop!

Will let you know what I think about it when I return - OK!! about a week later!!

Many thanks for everyones replies!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...