We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Webbrowser V9 how to remove

Terry Brown
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a web browser called V9, which I accidentally installed with another program (missed the 'remove tick') and now I am trying to get rid of it.

There is no remove option, nothing in Control Panel/add/remove,Nothing in programs.

A have done a manual search ( show all hidden and system folders) and removed all that I could see, Opened REGEDIT and removed from there- as far as possible.

Cleared History and All Restore points.

Reinstalled Explorer, then Chrome and Firefox to try and break it, but every few days it tries to reload itself again.

Reason for wanting to remove - All it does is keep popping up adverts (spam)

Any suggestions apart from a format (which I am still considering) please.

Terry

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check you home pages in the browsers and add-ons and extensions or plug-ins. You can disable in IE and remove in FireFox. Should be similar in Chrome I suspect.

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe give Malwarebytes a run to see if it finds any problems.or check in add ons to see if on there.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Just remembers another thing to do, find 'search engine managment' in your browsers and delete V9 from there as well.

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

Thanks Rdave13 and Jock1e

I have run malwarebytes- not found Shows as shortcut in top line (Firefox)- No way to delete Not listed in IE8 Not listed in search engine management. I have now dragged it from the Top line (Using Customize)to the customize box, but every other time, after a while (-few days-week-- Max 10 days) it comes back.

Terry

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try the following advice on running TDSSKiller from bleepingcomputers.com. Run with browsers closed.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Indications are that this v9 is a virus. Suggest you run your anti-virus in safe mode.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...