We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

OpenBitCoin error on startup

wildhouse

Likes # 0

Hi I downloaded a program to download a music file. It didn't work so I uninstalled it. However now on start-up I keep getting the error message C:\ProgramData\OpenBitCoin\poclbm\poclbm.exe.log. Anyone know how to get rid of it? (I have run Malwarebytes)

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Should have added: Could not be opened: [Errno13]Permission denied:

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try going into msconfig and if it is in there untick it.

You could also try services while in there.Tick the box at the bottom not to show microsoft programs.Then see if it is on there and running .If so untick it again.

Or maybe run C Cleaner if you use it to see if that removes it.

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Hi Thanks for that - unticking it has got rid of it. However, the computer is just over a year old and I've never seen that appear before. Is it something I should be worried about? (I am currently having another problem with my Dell Inspiron in that it tries to load (it gets as far as the Windows logo) and then I just get a grey screen (it has been suggested it could be the monitor but sometimes if I press control+alt+delete I briefly get the little circle denoting it's trying). This happened several months ago whilst still under warranty and Dell remoted in and decided it wasn't anything to do with the hardware. I eventually got it going again by starting in safe mode and returning to a restore point.

Like this post
jkitts

Likes # 0

Check in the start menu for the program name, then look for an uninstaller there. Failing that, check in the control panel for add/remove.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Does it start ok in safe mode with networking.if so it could be a driver fault so check in device manager for any yellow exclamation marks.

1 year old did it have any security programs with it when new and did you remove them using the proper removal tool available for most security programs.

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Hi Have only tried starting it in basic safe mode as don't know what safe mode with networking is. There are no yellow exclamation marks next to any of the hardware. It did have the dreadful McAfee on it when I got it, but I uninstalled that immediately as I have had problems with that before. I wonder if there an inherent problem with my computer - ever since I have had it it has frequently duplicated files, particularly media files, so despite constantly deleting I frequently end up with 3 or more of the same music file. Never really liked Windows 7! Have had the blank screen problem again since first posting - this time there was only one restore point to choose from.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Did you use the proper McAffee remover or did you just remove it from add remove.

Restore points.Have you had any Windows updates before you start getting problems.

Sometimes Microsoft give you the wrong updates and if you know which one it gives you can go into device manager and roll back the driver.

Better still stop windows updates from running automatically and download them manually then you can actually see what is getting downloaded and you can stop any that you either don't want or don't need.

Duplicated files I am not sure of so will leave that for others to give you the proper information.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'