We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

i tunes wont install on my pc

norrisnovice

Likes # 0

i have tried without success to install i tunes every thing seems to work fine then right at the end i get a message saying i tunes was interrupted and cannot install asking me to try again i have done this numerous times to no avail i notice there is a program called bonjur is installed on my pc i tried to uninstall this has i read this can stop tunes installing but it wont uninstall from control panel.until i can install tunes my partners i pods useless can anyone help please

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Bonjour is actually part of iTunes, but your problem may well be that bits are being left From the uninstall process and if I were you I would follow the instructions here and hopefully you will be able to install iTunes cleanly.

Click here.

Like this post
norrisnovice

Likes # 0

checking on my control panel i can find 3 programs in relation to apple one is bonjour the other a apple software update the other is safari when i try to uninstall them i get a pop up message saying the feature you are trying to use is on a cd rom or other removable disk that is not avalible so i am now even more baffled thanks for the help so far but any further advice welcomed

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Bonjour is actually a network discovery technology. It helps Windows PCs to find and connect to Apple machines and printers. It's installed by default with iTunes, and does no harm, so I shouldn't worry about it.

You should be able to uninstall Safari in the normal way, but again it's doing no harm, and takes up very little space.

The iTunes installation problem could be due to a number of things, and the link provided by Chronus should be able to help you sort things out. ITunes is a fairly complex application, and installation problems can sometimes take a while to diagnose and resolve.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Try briefly turning off your anti-virus during installation. I have found that I had to do that occasionally.

Like this post
norrisnovice

Likes # 0

well i have tried everything suggested folks thanks but still no luck when try to reinstall tunes anyone else able to offer suggestions please the strange thing i also have anothe rlaptop which runs on the Linux system and get exactly the same problem even though i have never installed itunes on that i was thinking of trying on my sons windows 7 starter notebook only problem is it has no where to insert cds and the main reason i want tunes is to transfer my wife's cd collection to her pod so please anyone any new ideas welcomed

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G3 release date, price, specs and new features 2014

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

NAB 2014: Affordable 4K cameras, boundary-pushing plug-ins & drone domination