We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cannot boot from replacement HDD

bumpkin
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi everyone, I have just replaced my old HDD with a bigger one but cannot get it to boot from the new one whatever I do. O/S is Win7 Home Premium. Drives are sata. Copied everything from the old to the new (cloned the C to D) When I try new drive I get error (boot mgr missing) or NTLD missing and some others of the same vein. Tried many times and looked at postings here and on the net but just can`t get it to work. Any suggestions.

Ray

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hello again, I realize that the DVD is separate from the HDD`s, the problem was I could not boot the Win 7 disk from it. This was because I was unfamiliar with the Win 7 bios drag and drop, thought I had made DVD first boot device but had not. Once I had figured that out I was able to run the auto repair which has worked. Just one small thing to sort, the display is not central on the monitor i.e. 30mm black margin on left 30mm of right side not shown.

Thanks to all for your help.

Ray

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

That now sorted.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today