We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Microsoft windows Security update failure

baldyx
Resolved

Likes # 0

Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (KB960089) keeps failing with error code : 2B33.

Do I need this update or SQL server to be on my pc? ( using windows 7,IE9)

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

I wouldn't worry about it right now, unless you are running a server.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you've got the latest, click here, check your Windows updates, then no. Hide it by right clicking the update and select 'hide' in the context menu.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

By no. I meant Number.

Like this post
baldyx

Likes # 0

rdave13- I have hidden it but the update keeps coming & on every shutdown of the pc try to install the update !

How do I tell Windows I do not wish to update this particular one?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Don't know which Windows OS you have but try selecting 'check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them' or words to that effect, in Windows update. Then, when you are notified, select to hide the update. At least then it won't download it automatically. Worth a try before trying this, click here.

Like this post
baldyx

Likes # 0

Thanks Rdave13. My mistake wehn I reported that hiding the update does not work. After hiding the update I forgot to click 'O.K.' which has now resolve the problem.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added