We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Update for Flashplayer not working

Zurdo
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm trying to update Flash Player version 11.4.402.265 to the latest version 11.4.402.278 in Firefox. The file downloads but won't open, ie no run box etc appears on a double click. Anyone else having problems?

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Sorry forgot to mention it's updated fine in IE8

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Maybe a silly question, but presumably you are using the non-IE version for Firefox?

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Yes I'm using the correct version via Add ons manager etc. I updated IE directly through IE. It's all worked perfectly before.......just this time the downloaded file won't open either by double click or right click and open. Strange!!

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I am not quite sure why you are having to double or right-click anything - you just need to run the file.

Try from here - select the Op System and non-IE Flash from the drop down menus and run

Run non-IE Flash update

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Update has just worked fine on my old comp running XP but with the 2 running Vista still no joy. Dammit!

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Untick Install Chrome as my browser assuming you don't want it

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Sea urchin...........the download is the adobe installer. After it's downloaded you have to double click it to start the run process. The link you sent me just ends up on the original page from which I downloaded before. If you have firefox go into tools>addons>plugins>check to see if plugins are up to date and you'll see what plugins need updating. Clicking update on the potentially vulnerable plugins takes you to the adobe download site as before. After downloading the installer you have to double click it to run it. It's just this process doesn't work on the vista machines I have only the XP one.

Like this post
Zurdo

Likes # 0

Tried exactly the same procedure today and it worked fine.......strange!

Like this post  
Muergo

Likes # 0

I had it crash twice yesterday (W7, Firefox) and sent crash reports both times, but it hasn't happened today, must have been a temporary glitch they have now fixed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...