We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ryan air and iPads

frenchman96

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

Do you know if Ryan air have Wi-fi, and I'd so, do they allow passengers to use their iPad.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Iscanut

The airline is playing safe, as Ian in Northampton has pointed out. They can't rely on everyone telling the truth about wireless devices.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

However they don't check my mobile phone but if they see my Sony e-reader then they insist that it is switched off. I used to have the non-wifi version and that had to go off too.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

One of the nightmares of travelling these days is the lack of consistency and not knowing what to expect. Example: in some airports, security insists you remove your shoes - in others, not. You'd have thought it was either a universally good idea, or universally unnecessary. Same inconsistency onboard the plane, with different airlines having different policies about what is and isn't allowable with e.g. electronics. I find it very frustrating.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Different airlines have developed slightly different security policies, as have different airports. Both are usually independent commercial concerns, so it's up to them to do what they think necessary.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good