We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ryan air and iPads

frenchman96

Likes # 0

Hi Guys

Do you know if Ryan air have Wi-fi, and I'd so, do they allow passengers to use their iPad.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

If a company was allegedly seriously considering requiring customers to pay to use the aircraft toilets, I would tend to assume that wi-fi - unless they felt they could charge a lot of money for it - isn't available. Ryanair is a low budget, 'no frills' airline: you pay nothing, you get nothing. It makes me laugh when people pay £5 to fly to Rome, and then complain they don't get British Airways service...

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

I think the answer is Yes

RyanAir WiFi

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Hmmm... It seems they were planning it. However, if they'd actually gone ahead with it, you'd think they would mention it here: http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/can-i-use-my-laptop-onboard. I can find no reference anywhere to wifi being available on a Ryanair flight.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

This is an answer in the FAQ section in Ian's link above. I presume I Pad is same as Laptop

Can I use my laptop onboard?

Yes, passengers are permitted to use the following electronic items once cruising altitude has been reached and the Captain has turned off the 'Fasten Seat Belt' sign:

Laptop Ipod Reader E-Book CD walkman Digital MP3 players Portable DVD players Non-cellular PDAs Digital Dictaphones Online Check-In ?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Yeah, but - you can use any/all of those things offline. I don't believe it implies the existence of wi-fi.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

I can never understand why I have to switch my I Pod off during take off and landing as it does not give/receive a signal and the battery is probably the same as in my watch !

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

iscanut - you also have to switch off e-readers.

To get wifi the aircraft has to receive the data and make it available. Ryan Air do mainly short haul flights and most can do without internet for a short period of time.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Even when I say that the WiFi is switched off on my Kindle, they still insist it is turned off. Why ?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Iscanut: I assume because, otherwise, they have no way of verifying that wi-fi really is turned off...

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Put almost any electronic device near a sensitive radio and you will find it emits interference even if only the display is on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED