We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

card readers

March Wind
Resolved

Likes # 0

Buying a up to date camera. Will I need to buy a new card reader to cope with the card as it is a much larger. Is so which is the best and cheapest

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I take it that you mean that the card is larger in capacity not size. What is your existing card reader? I will be surprised if the new card doesn't work with the old reader unless you have a very old reader.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

If you're using SDHC cards in the new camera then there's a strong possibility you will need a new reader. If you're using compactflash then probably your existing card reader will be ok

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Yes I am using a SDHC in a new card reader also the card reader I have is 7 years old.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

Yes I am using a SDHC in a new card reader also the card reader I have is 7 years old.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Cant you just plug the camera into the computer and download the piccies that way?

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

I expect I could do but prefer to have a card reader. I will go to Jessops the camera shop and see whet they have. Thank you.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

I got a multi one from Asda for a fiver.

Like this post  
March Wind

Likes # 0

Thak you

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Try this. 7Dayshop is a reliable supplier, albeit not the fastest to deliver... takes about... 7 days!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger