We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

saving an enlarged image

Ikelos

Likes # 0

Hi all. not sure how to word this, often when a website has images, you get the image up, and most times if you left click the image enlarges, in fact the mouse pointer changes to a small cross, is there any way to save the larger image.................thank you

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

"any way to save the larger image."

Probably not to save as an enlarged file. You can enlarge on screen by holding down Control while using the wheel on your mouse.

The data is fixed as so many bytes and if you use the copy and paste routine into either Word (if it is Text) or a good image editing program, you can resample or whatever term your software uses and save that.

The result, particularly if starting with a small picture will usually be disappointing. The number of pixels in the original are fixed and a good crop of jaggies is your reward.

Like this post
Ikelos

Likes # 0

Diemmess. thanks for that, but it seems the image is already bigger, by just left clicking it. it goes to twice the size. and the bigger image is as sharp as the smaller image...............

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

I was being over simplistic. I assumed you had a small image from a website and wanted to save the pic as an enlargement of the original. Also you were dealing with pictures rather than text.

Another assumption is that you are starting with a "web-ready" pic which in the interests of good web presentation is no larger than needed to display on screen.

I would use a picture capture program, have the pic in the PC clipboard and then using my picture editing facility, open it as a new file from clipboard.

The you can tinker with it and save it as a jpg or whatever.

Like this post
Ikelos

Likes # 0

Thanks again, just downloded "PicPick" I will give that a try. thanks

Like this post
Ikelos

Likes # 0

just as a final point, screen capture does not realy work, as in "picpick" because it only captures the screen as you see it, and if the image is bigger than the screen, then of course you do not get it all. oh well, back to the drawing board..

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you tried right clicking on the image?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

In Firefox, (as Woolwell says) rightclick on the image, 'view image info'

this opens up the 'page info' at the 'Media' tab. then you have a list to choose from of each pic and a preview and the option to 'Save'

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Right click save image/picture as is available with most if not all browsers.

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know it.

However the problem of enlargement remains, though putting it on the clipboard is a doddle now.

Like this post
Ikelos

Likes # 0

perhaps I wrote it all wrong, get the image up from a website, the mouse icon becomes a small magnifying glass,either a minus sign, or a plus sign, left click on either and the image, when clicking the plus sign makes the image alot bigger, as clicking the magnifying icon with the minus sign makes it smaller, so with each left click the image jumps from small to large and back. and I wondered if I could save the larger image.

thanks all

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014