We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

saving an enlarged image

Ikelos

Likes # 0

Hi all. not sure how to word this, often when a website has images, you get the image up, and most times if you left click the image enlarges, in fact the mouse pointer changes to a small cross, is there any way to save the larger image.................thank you

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

I don't think you have described your problem badly at all, just failed to grasp that whatever you do with your mouse, the underlying file remains the same size, you are merely presenting it differently.

My daughter will persist in sending interesting snaps and instead of the full size being attached, we have small pics which will not stand any enlargement.

In your case try with a picture complete (not oversized) a right click/Save_As, Then open the file in your picture editor. In my Corel Photopaint there is an >Image > "Resample" which will allow me to shrink or enlarge the image and save it in the best version I can make.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Have you right clicked on the larger image?

Like this post
Ikelos

Likes # 0

just tried the right click again on the larger image to make sure I was not being complete idiot :-) and it saves it to the smallers size, the image on the websites starts as large thumbnail, double click it to get a much larger image, click that and it becomes bigger still, and that is what I want to save

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Can you provide a link to the website?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

..so what happens when you try my suggestion on the enlarged image? rightclick on the image, 'view image info'... (rest of it is on page 1)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Mouse wheel and pressing the ALT button and you can change the size to which you need. Use snipping tool.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Should be CTRL and wheel as Diemmess stated.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It may well be just one image that is zoomed. Having captured it then you may have to enlarge it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It may well be just one image that is zoomed. Having captured it then you may have to enlarge it.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK