We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ashampoo CD Burner Installation Problem.

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

The other day ( as a result of a thread here) I downloaded and installed the above. Unfortunately I did the normal install and finished up with Ashampoo search engine and the US Community tool bar. I uninstalled the lot with Revo and re-installed with 'Custom' Option, ticking only 'Desk Top shortcut'.

Since then ( also having updated to FF 15) I have the normal FF Google search page, but with 'Search the Web' and

with 'Search Malaysia' alongside.

I also still have the US Community toolbar in 'View' which I have disabled.

A Windows and Agent Ransack search show nothing for Ashampoo ( strange as I have Magical Defrag installed).

Used Ccleaner and Eusing reg cleaner, but no change.

Is this an Ashampoo problem or FF15 issue?

Suggestions for cure would be appreciated. Thanks.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

rdave13

I have got back my home page from Tools and changed to google.co.uk.

Will see how long it stays like that.

I have no arrows either end of search bar that accesses seearch engine.

Search bar

This is prior to re-setting home page.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Strange, as I have a search box to the right of the address bar. I'll post a shot.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Clear enough on yours.

I have disabled AB+ and DNT to test, but no luck.

Now I have got Shampoo search engine back again...now it's gone after loading FF again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have the AS US toolbar in the drop down.

Community bar

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Check it's not in add-ons or extensions. If there remove or uninstall.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Posting slow at the moment. What puzzles me is that you have no search bar, only the address bar. I've tried hiding the search bar but can't.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

rdave13 The search bar vanished many moons ago, so it isn't related to AS. I have just looked at Chrome and no search facility there, but as I was moving (not clicking) the cursor along the address bar this came up:

enter link description here

Something strange going on here.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Will call it a day and resume tomorrow. Thanks for input.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

muddypaws, I believe you have a bug of some sorts. Not necessary the Ashampoo toolbar but it shows up in your browsers. Close all browsers and run Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and Spybot S&D. The toolbar and the fact that Fire Fox isn't working properly makes me think that.

Run TDSS killer from Karspersky after you run the others. Finally run a full scan of your antivirus program.

click here then reboot.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

rdave13

Thanks. Before reading your post I did a Malwarebytes full scan and also Spybot. Spybot found nothing, but MAB found 2 Trojans and I forgot to make a note of them before removing.!

I will do SAS, but a bit wary of TDSS killer. I seem to have read in the past that it can cause problems. I do have it on PC.

Will also do full Kasp. scan later.

Still have US Community toolbar, but my home page is still OK.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015