We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ashampoo CD Burner Installation Problem.

muddypaws
Resolved

Likes # 0

The other day ( as a result of a thread here) I downloaded and installed the above. Unfortunately I did the normal install and finished up with Ashampoo search engine and the US Community tool bar. I uninstalled the lot with Revo and re-installed with 'Custom' Option, ticking only 'Desk Top shortcut'.

Since then ( also having updated to FF 15) I have the normal FF Google search page, but with 'Search the Web' and

with 'Search Malaysia' alongside.

I also still have the US Community toolbar in 'View' which I have disabled.

A Windows and Agent Ransack search show nothing for Ashampoo ( strange as I have Magical Defrag installed).

Used Ccleaner and Eusing reg cleaner, but no change.

Is this an Ashampoo problem or FF15 issue?

Suggestions for cure would be appreciated. Thanks.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Is the toolbar showing in programs and feature? As for the search engine showing go to manage search engines in FF and delete them in the list.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

rdave13

Thanks.

Bit thick this morning! From where are those accessible please. ?

Just had to remome the b.... Ashampoo search engine again.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

'remove'

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

On the address bar you have the search bar to the right. Click the down arrow and select manage search engines. To the right you have the remove option.

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

I have clicked on all the down triangles and can not see the options.

Which one should it be?

toolbar

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

sorry wrong link.

Like this post
catpwss

Likes # 0

Got it now,OOOOOOpssssss

Here......http://toolbarcleaner.com/

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

catpwss

Thanks.

Will have a look. Not sure how much that will remove.

I will hang on and see if rdave13 comes back.

I'm out for 5 hours now.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The arrow on the search bar, near the search engine icon, should show a dropdown menu with all the search engines showing in the list. At the bottom of the list you should see 'manage search engines...'

Also check your home page settings. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Search_Bar

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...