We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spam attack on PCA forums

simonjary

Likes # 0

As you can see some nasty spamming army has targeted the PC Advisor forums.

We'll raise our anti-spam filters again, and, as soon as we can, clear this rubbish off the forums.

Until then, please post as normal and we ask for your patience as we combat this menace.

Thanks,

Simon Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
March Hare

Likes # 0

I see it is mostly the same spammers today.

Cannot their membership of PCA Forum be instantly terminated, making it impossible for these morons to post here?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

March Hare , I wish you wouldn't insult morons.....

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

What they're after is links on a respected site so that Google adds search weight to those links - hence all the keywords stuffed into the threads, plus multiple links.

The thing is that we tell Google to not follow any external links in our forums, expressly to stop this cheating.

Until the development team can aim their big guns at the spammers it's left to us to individually go into each thread, ban the poster, and delete the thread.

The trouble is that the well-armed spammers can just keep attacking. It's either a super-automated spam machine or an army of lowly paid spammers.

Either way it's a tough battle to keep these forums open under such weight of attack.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Fire HD 6 is a really good value tablet. The Amazon Fire HD 7 isn't. Amazon Fire HD 6 and...

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

ACLU's Halloween-themed animation warns of dangers of ignoring threats to your privacy

IDG UK Sites

20 lesser-known tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert