We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Spam attack on PCA forums

simonjary

Likes # 0

As you can see some nasty spamming army has targeted the PC Advisor forums.

We'll raise our anti-spam filters again, and, as soon as we can, clear this rubbish off the forums.

Until then, please post as normal and we ask for your patience as we combat this menace.

Thanks,

Simon Publisher, PC Advisor

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Someone really does not like PCA. I was quite stunned when I saw the amount of spam,particularly on the Helproom Forum earlier today.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

The trouble is that they like us too much!

Spammers generally attack the most popular sites to grab search benefits, even though we no-follow external links on the forums.

It seems to have died down now that the army of spammers are resting and we'll get the filters up again.

S

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

At 22:30 last night I contacted FE during my break at work because there was about 8 on page 1 by the time I got home at around 01:50 it was the 1st 6 pages and some on page 7

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

I don't even like NFL!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

THEY'RE AT IT AGAIN!!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Some of those posts are showing 20plus views, I can only hope that it is the result of PCA tech staff looking at them in order to block them. If not then they have succeeded in their aim.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Surely their aim is for you to click on any link within the thread?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Spam Filters up, but not stopping them

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Chronus Surely their aim is for you to click on any link within the thread? and we have no way of telling if the viewers did so or not. My point is why would anyone even view a post that is obviously spam? Unless of course it is PCA Tech Staff seeing if is a threat or a post that needs to be removed.

Like this post
March Hare

Likes # 0

I see it is mostly the same spammers today.

Cannot their membership of PCA Forum be instantly terminated, making it impossible for these morons to post here?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...