We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Canon Pixma MP495 only prints yellow or black

andy63walsh

Likes # 0

Hi. I had a thread like this 'how to reset it' but they didn't work. Now no matter with a new or refilled ink I only get yellow out of the colour one, any ideas?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Without reference to your previous thread I have no idea what you have already tried.

But have you tried a deep print head clean see http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/ConsumerProducts/products/FaxMultifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMAMPseries/PIXMAMP495.aspx?faqtcmuri=tcm:14-774532&page=1&type=faq

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I was trying to post further links but PCA played up. There is an instance of the printer printing only blue and this was cleared by a deep print head clean.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

the link didn't work, any more ideas?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

You haven't replied whether you have done a deep print head clean. The absence of colours may well point to blocked print heads. My link tried to point to how to do a deep print head clean

Try this instead http://tinyurl.com/8g2vtlq

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

tried it all now, so ordered a new cart, an original, see if this changes it.

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

Put the new one in and it prints fine now and the flashing yellow light has gone out on the printer, there must be some sort of chip in the new cartridges, there must be a reset gadget or something, none of the methods 'trick' it

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

found a way to reset it, lift lid, remove both cartridges, close cartridge lid holders, let it do its warm up, turn power off and on 5 times, (by the button on top, not pulling the power!) let it do all its tests inbetween each on/off though. DONE

Like this post
andy63walsh

Likes # 0

didn't work again, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do