We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Almost completely dead Asus netbook

Ian in Northampton
Resolved

Likes # 0

All that happens when you hit the power button is that the blue power light comes on. Nothing on the screen, no indication of the disk trying to spin up. Anyone have any thoughts where to start?

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

It maybe that it is stuck in "sleep mode". Try removing the battery, pressing the "on" button for a few seconds and then putting the battery back in. Before you remove the battery make sure that you have disconnected it from the mains.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Thanks difarn. Unfortunately, that didn't work... :-(

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Try running it just on mains without battery

Like this post
Procrastinus

Likes # 0

Lid switch stuck?

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Woodchip: when I do that, even the blue power light doesn't come on.

608: good thought - but I can't see anything that looks like a lid switch.

Anyone got any recommendations for a company that could repair it in the MK/Bedford/Northampton area?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If its as you say and will not start on Mains, the Adapter needs replacing and the battery is Flat

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

Woodchip: that's an interesting observation. The adapter (this is my daughter's netbook) is a generic one, and those always worry me. But when I plug the adapter in and power on, the blue power light comes on, and an orange light flashes - which I take to mean it thinks it's charging the battery - and there's also a green light that comes on on the front of the case, although I have no idea what that means.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

I ended up taking this to my local friendly PC repair guy, for whom I have a lot of respect. He pronounced it as terminal and inoperable. I'll take the hard drive out of it and put it in eBay for spares/repairs.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015