We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IE8 shows Error on page

Mike
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi, IE8 shows Error on page in the bottom left hand corner. Double clicking brings up a box which says "Errors on this page might cause it to work incorrectly" that statement is 100% correct. Depending on the page there may be more than one error, for example MSN uk web page

Objected expected MSNLiveTwitterIntegration.htm. Line 11

Code:0 Char:9

URL:http://estc.msn.com/br/intl/spec/DD/MsnLiveTwitter/MSNLiveTwitterIntegration.htm

At Google.co.uk

Object doesn't support this property or method

www.google.co.uk/, Line:8

Code:0 Char:409

URL:http:/www.google.co.uk/

The errors on the various pages are preventing me from login in to many sites also preventing purchases on sites, I haven't dare use Banking.

Now I have Panda Global Protection, Malwarebytes, Ccleaner all indicate that alls well. Uninstalled IE8 and gone back to IE7 used it for a day, completely emptied the download folder, and installed IE8 again via automatic updates, restarting between each change, and the problem is still there.

Help here would be appreciated. IE8 V 8.0.6001.18702 HPCompaq 6715s. Windows XP Professional V 5.1.2600. Service Pack 3 Build 2600.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try tools.internet options.Advanced and press restore advanced settings,See if that helps.

if not press reset just under it and it will reset I/E8 to its original state.You may have to reload some of your Add Ons after doing that.

try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on the keyboard,it should tell you that the dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.

have you added any security programs lately that could cause the problem.

If it has just happened a system restore to before the date that it first happened.

Or better still download and run Firefox it is quicker with less problems.

Like this post
Mike

Likes # 0

Thanks jock1e,

Tried restore just after writing the problem and found no change. However I recently installed an app called Ghostery, see it here http://www.ghostery.com,

Switched it off and alls well. Obviously its not working correctly and causing havoc so I will be writing to them.

Many thanks.

Mike

Like this post  
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Mike thanks for coming back and telling us how you fixed the problem.

Your click here did not work but if you remove the comma after .com it works ok.

Like this post
Mike

Likes # 0

Typos I'm good at.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger