We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

As PCA site been changed

woodchip

Likes # 0

As it changed? as my Browser screen for this site is not what it used to be. I now have to scroll the screen sideways, and did not have to before. Resolution 1024x768

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Woodchip

I use IE and a couple of ad blocking programs and if this is the price I pay for not being annoyed by the intrusive advertising so beloved by PCA,so be it. But it is odd that no other site is affected so it must have something to do with PCA's site coding or whatever it is called.

Like this post
SURVEY

Likes # 0

Its a shame. This site used to be easy to scroll and also easy to use the search option. Now it takes an age to fully load, scrolling is jumpy, a real pain to use.

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Anyone else having this problem?

Simon, PCA

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

If you mean PCA being on the left hand side I have that problem.

As long as I use my ad blocker it stays on the left.Turn the ad blocker off and goes back to the center.

So I would say not a PCA problem more of an ad blocker problem.

Mind you if it could be sorted by PCA you would be doing us a favour.

I think it used to be with the ad blocker blocking inskimedia or something like that which caused it.Maybe it is something else now.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Found the problem that we used to get before. simonjary

Ok had to backtrack to find the fix again.

You have to open Adblock Plus in View on Firefox and go to http :// cdn . inskinmedia . com / isfe / 4.1 / css / base . css [and close the filter for it.]

That is for Firefox so not sure about any other browser.

That was how it was fixed a few years back if we wanted PCA back in the center.

It maybe something completely different nowadays I don't know.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

So I would say not a PCA problem more of an ad blocker problem

If this were the case it would affect other web-sites and not just this one.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Chronus

True when you put it that way.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It just started about the same time as they put that red bar on top and the twitter bar on the bottom right.

It may have been slightly before but round about that time.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

For me it was long before we had the much needed and wanted added content. IE the rep toolbar and the social network thingy.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Just tried IE9 and it is on the left hand side as well now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen