We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I need help regarding replacement laptop batteries

rekcutekaj

Likes # 0

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M6100 laptop, and am looking for a replacement battery. The battery I currently have in it is a Fujitsu NiMH, 9.6V, 4000mAh battery (PN: 8HR-4/3 FAU-QC-LJ1). I can't find an exact replacement anywhere. However, I do keep coming across the 8HR-4/3 FAU-QC-LFL, which is a Li-ion 14.8V, 4000mAh battery, which is compatible with the M6100. So my question is if I replace my 9.6V battery, with the 14.8V battery, will it work? Or will it damage my laptop?

Many thanks

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

What have the manufacturer of the laptop suggested, either in the service manual or on-line?.

Suppliers of compatible batteries can sometimes offer the wrong product, so it would be best to double check with the supplier before making a purchase.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

If it says 9.6 volt on the battery then 9.6volt it needs. Do NOT under any circumstances use a higher voltage battery, your laptop wont thank you for it. The mAh capacity is irrelevant at this stage.

Like this post
Legslip

Likes # 0

I can't find much information regarding this particular lap top but it does look like an older model. can you give the specification I E processor, hard drive size and memory. it may not be worth throwing good after bad sometimes as laptop batteries can be notoriously expensive. why not run it just on mains supply alone without a battery. that may be an economic alternative and put the save money towards a new laptop?

Like this post
rekcutekaj

Likes # 0

Legslip, the laptop is 10+ years old. I have spoke to the manufactuer and they've been useless. I need this laptop as it has some software which I have to use for work, which doesn't work on any of the latest editions of Windows. The laptop runs on Windows Millenium. Running on mains is fine sometimes, but due to the nature of my work (electrical), I sometimes can't get access to a plug as, at times, the mains supply is down, meaning I need to use the battery.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Found this on another forum worth a read I suppose.

http://www.raymond.cc/blog/incompatible-laptop-battery-causing-no-battery-is-detected-error-in-windows-7/

This was for an acer battery but I would imagine it would cover them all.

Like this post
Ventad

Likes # 0

See if mdsbattery.co .uk stock them They did genuine toshiba battery's at half the price of toshiba, in sealed toshiba packets I got a bigger battery pack (same voltage) next day delivery very pleased with it.

Like this post
comp-fix-bart.co.uk

Likes # 0

Code:

Type 8-cell "smart" lithium ion (65 WHr) 8-cell "smart" nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) (43WHr) ...

Voltage 14.8 VDC (lithium ion) 9.6 VDC (NiMH)

So that should be fine it was designed for both types/voltages.

Regards Comp-fix-bart.co.uk

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen