We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Apple Hard Drive

dfb70uk

Likes # 0

Disaster Daughter has spilt Water on her laptop On Apples advice has removed the Hard drive and purchased a Probox Docking station and plugged into my old Windows XP Laptop. the light comes On and it whirs but it is not recognised. Any ideas anybody? Her uni project is on it, how many times do you have to tell people Backup, Backup, Backup. Come to think of it I must do mine! Dave

Like this post
retep888™

Likes # 0

click here for HFSExplorer & click here for how to use it, courtesy of PC Advisor but only reading data from HDD not writing to it.

Like this post
dfb70uk

Likes # 0

Dear retep888, Thanks, I was hoping it was something like that, borrowing another Apple computer should do the trick then fingers crossed. Dave

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED