We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

toshiba tv keeps shutting down

denis93

Likes # 0

i dont know if i am in the right place to ask this,if not please advise me. my toshiba regza 37wlt66 stays on for 2 seconds,then turns off

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 1

Maybe have a look in the Toshiba forum to see if you can get any help.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Televisions/55HT1U-turns-on-by-itself-wont-stay-off/td-p/154798

Looks like it maybe a common fault with Toshiba's.

Is it still under warranty.

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

jock1e will do thank you

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

im afraid that their tvs wont switch off,i have the oppisite problem,it wont stat on.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

What I meant was to sign in and then ask your question there.

http://forums.toshiba.com/

Has the warranty ran out on it.Are the air vents at the back clear of dust and fluff.not long gathering on those new tv's nowadays.

I am sure some one will be on shortly that can give you the proper advice that you need.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Well just had a look in there forum and it looks pretty useless you may get a better response staying on here.

I suppose you have tried taking the batteries out of the remote control and tried starting it with the buttons on the side of the TV.If it still happens at least you know it is not a remote problem

Like this post
denis93

Likes # 0

yes jock1e,thank you any way,cheers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia