We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How to print test page with Epson C90 printer?

stlucia2

Likes # 0

I'm overseas at the moment, and have just replaced two empty ink cartridges in my host's Epson C90 printer with genuine Epson ones. Everything works okay, and the cartridges show up okay in the on-screen ink monitor, but there's occasional white stripes across the print.

Problem is, I can't find any head-cleaning routine in the Start -> Printers and Faxes -> Epson C90 screen. When I click on Printer and then select Properties I get an option to print a test page, but no option to clean the heads when the test page doesn't come out right.

Any ideas where this function, presuming it exists for this printer, can be found please? Or do I just have to hope it will clean itself enough after several repeated boot-ups?

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Oh dear, the sun's getting to me! The title, of course, should be "HOW TO CLEAN HEADS ON EPSON C90 PRINTER?"

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

If you are useing Win 7 from the start button go to control pannel/select printers/highlight the printer/right click and select print prefences, and then you should get the maintance box which will have cleaning and test page print

Like this post
stlucia2

Likes # 0

Ok, I've found the Maintenance box now. Seems like the Print Test Page button I was using was only to test the printer setup -- it printed a Windows test page, not the short series of sloping lines that I was expecting.

All sorted now, thank you.

Like this post
sharpamat

Likes # 0

Your welcome please mark as resolved as it may help others

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014