We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Link to partition software please

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, can someone just give me a link to some good free partitioning software please, everything I try wants to download everthing apart from what I want or it`s a demo or says free then asks for license key or does not work.

Thanks

Ray

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I think this is still available...

But you may have to be quick.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Just checked, it is still available - go for it! Giveaway of the day!

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Nontek,

I followed the links but I cant see how to download it, downloads just about everything else that I dont want, can you help.

Ray

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

click on Proceed to Download,

Then follow the prompts.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Hi, sorry for the slow reply, lots of problems now. I made some alterations using Partition Wizard, making partition sizes bigger using unallocated space. Told me to reboot to save changes which I did but now it wont boot anymore not even in safe mode. The pc will boot from my backup drive but cannot even see the other drive anymore. I have had to make this posting on another PC. Any suggestions the last thing I want is a reinstall.

Thanks Ray

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Have you got an image of the C: drive?

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

No, I have a copy ie clone but this a fews days old and I have done a lot since then (Yes I know I should backup everyday before anyone has a go:-)) I would clone this back to my original C drive but I cant as it wont see the drive.

Thanks Ray

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more