We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

error messages & mouse / graphics issue related to iertutil.dll

robert01

Likes # 0

windows 7 64 bit

A message keeps appearing at shutdown and when starting some programs that says 'the program can't start because iertutil.dll is missing' or 'there is a problem with the intellipoint software, remove and run setup again'

I have uninstalled microsoft intellimouse and reinstalled ( ver 8.2 ) but still the issue is there. The mouse is working fine though !

I thought it could be malware but a similar message appears when I try to run cc cleaner, although i did get spybot to run by doing so as administrator and it found nothing.

Also, when trying to get into device manager I get 'not enough storage is available to complete this operation' and sometimes I get another message that says 'GFXUI has stopped working'

All this started at the same time last week and I am stumped as to what to do next.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

System restore to a point before the problem began?

Like this post
robert01

Likes # 0

yeah tried that already

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Sounds very like your OS is corrupted. Try running SFC /SCANNOW and if I were you I would uninstall the software for the mouse and see how it behaves.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED