We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Mailwasher pro 2112 Problems.

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Having a few problems with MSN spam e-mails.

The problem is Mailwasher which I downloaded recently does not see or show any spam e-mails from MSN it shows normal mail Ok but when I open my Windows Live mail account it keeps finding Spam e-mails.

I have mailwasher set for MSN and I was hoping it would find and remove them on that.

Anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong or how to get rid of the spam completely.

Getting an average of 10 spam e-mails a day on my normal e-mail program which is windows Live mail.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm down to a couple of spam a day. I right click the spam and select 'add sender to blocked sender's list'. I don't have Mailwasher so can't help there.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave13

Yes tried that in Windows live mail and seem to be getting more and more spam e-mails.The more you put into blocked senders the more you get.

Just wondering if they are trying to shift us onto the new Microsoft Outlook mail.

I thought that mailwasher was supposed to find the spam and remove it.It just does not find it which makes me think that I may have the settings wrong somewhere.

Just changed my password it should not make any difference but you never know.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I'm already using Outlook.com with my hotmail and it's no different really, except its more 'Gmail' like and has Windows 8 graphics. Have you tried blocking the sender's domain?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

rdave13

Yes tried that as well.Did not want to block to many in case it had an adverse reaction to normal mails.

Not sure how it would go if I blocked all of the domains.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but the site is in meltdown again here.Took me about 15 minutes to sign in and post this.

Like this post
daconnor

Likes # 0

You could try asking here

Firetrust Support Forum

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

daconnor

Yes had a look through that but never found anything that may have helped.

Did not particularly want to sign into another forum but I may have to eventually.Thanks.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Read about a few problems with Mailwasher.It does not work well with anything other than POP mail on a W/7 computer 64/bit.

It does download normal messages to my MSN account it just does not find the Spam on it.

Looks like I may have to contact them.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

daconnor

I did try the Mailwasher forum.I tried a few things that were recommended with a bit of success.

I tried changing the Pop3 and Smtp settings but it would not work.Changed them back to there original settings and no more spam e-mails.

I also had the Windows live mail spam security set to it's highest and switched that off so maybe that had something to do with it.

I was told to try that and thinking about it if it is set to it's highest it is bound to find more spam mails.They were all shown in the junk mail folder which I had to delete manually.

Switched it off and no more spam e-mails.

Will class as resolved now as the problem now looks to be fixed.

Thanks everyone for your Input.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...