We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Case Fans ....... suck and blow

Dragon_Heart

Likes # 0

Apart from my power supply unit the old cooling my PC has is the CPU cooler which sucks air from the CPU towards a grill in the side of the PC.

If I bought a 120mm case fan could it be installed to suck hot air from inside the case or can the only be fitted one way round ?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

This may help:

"The 120 mm case fan is the largest standard case fan and can be used to feed air into or out of the case."

Read more: How to Install a Side Panel 120mm Case Fan | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how8116745install-panel-120mm-case-fan.html#ixzz26JArQFnr

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Fans extract air side is the side of the fan where the power cables are. My CPU fan blows on to the cooling fins. My set-up is, one 120mm fan at rear, cable side towards outside, so extracting and on +12v. Front, 80mm fan, cable side towards the inside, so in-taking air, and on +5v (half speed). Temps on idle are, CPU - 25 ? and GPU 27 ?.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

? should be °C

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...