We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PRINTER WONT PRINT FROM WORD

liloldlady

Likes # 0

Hi, After unpluging my printer to take to a friends and now I have bought it home it will not print from word. I can print a test page ok. its just from word that I cant. I have un-installed all the drivers etc. and re-installed from the disk, I have tried everything that the diagnostics tool asked me to do and still it wont work. I am running windows 7 and the printer is an HP Deskjet 3050 J610 series. Can anyone help.....Thanks

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Try a System Restore back to before you took printer to friend.

Like this post
liloldlady

Likes # 0

Hi, I have already tried that....Thanks

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Go to Devices & Printers -

Try to set Microsoft XPS Document Writer or One Note (if installed) as the default printer for testing purpose and check if that works.

Both these printers are not actual printers; they are applications which can be used as testing printers. They create a soft copy as the output.

For setting this application as printers, please follow the steps below.

1. Click the Start button - Click Control Panel - Click Devices & Printers, and then click Printers.

2. Right-click the printer you want to use (One Note or Microsoft XPS document writer) in this case, and then click Set as Default Printer by right clicking in the icon.

3. A check mark is displayed on the printer icon to mark it as your default printer.

Then try printing and check if the output is fine. If yes you need to update your printer driver.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

If all is well after updating your Printer driver then set your Printer as Default

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

You might have a queue of waiting to print and each attempt adds one more document. This can happen if a normal print run is interrupted for any reason

I use XP but Win7 should be much the same.

Control Pane > Printers > double click on your printer in the list

Click on FILE in small window (top left) and then click on "cancel all documents"

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

You might have a queue of waiting to print and each attempt adds one more document. This can happen if a normal print run is interrupted for any reason

I use XP but Win7 should be much the same.

Control Pane > Printers > double click on your printer in the list

Click on FILE in small window (top left) and then click on "cancel all documents"

Like this post
Diemmess

Likes # 0

There was a foul-up on this site. It duplicated instead of adding another which was

Another thought. A friend with a newish printer couldn't actually print until trawling though the software found he had to tell his printer the paper source.

It was ticked at "Front" but should have been "Back"

Once corrected it behaved from then on!

Like this post
liloldlady

Likes # 0

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, in the end the thing that made it work again was changing the black ink, this doesnt really make sense because the printer was showing that I had plenty of ink. However I am guessing that it was becausee I physically moved it, it put the allignment out of wack, i am only guessing but after I changed the ink catridge I did and allignment program and now is all ok.....Many thanks...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July