We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Another step in the wrong direction from PCA

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Scroll down the page and you get a large red toolbar appearing and pop up on the bottom of the page.

You can remove the bottom one by clicking the X but the top one stays.

Best advice would be for PCA to remove both.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Are you referring to the links to twitter, facebook etc? Why is that a problem?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

No it is a large irritating banner/toolbar which appeared right in the middle of a post which I was trying to reply to and thus obscured some of the text. The toolbar appears if you scroll down.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you start typing in the reply box this toolbar locks and scrolls down or up with you and I cannot find a way of getting rid of it.

Like this post
bjh

Likes # 0

Agree. Horrible. If I want to visit the menu, I can scroll up.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The problem with the reply box is with Chrome but doesn't appear to happen with Firefox. I'm now experimenting with other browsers.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

OK now I see the one you mean but for me it doesn't get in the way it appears as you scroll down but for me on IE9, Firefox and Chrome it just sticks at the top and doesn't interfere. The twitter, facebook one floats at the bottom on IE9 but doesn't appear on the others.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

The problem that I get only occurs with Chrome when I type in the reply box. Then the bar becomes fixed to a point on the webpage and scrolls up and down with it. If it is over the point you want to reply to then it obscures it. This doesn't seem to occur with IE9, Firefox or Safari.

Like this post  
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

When I click on the X (LHS) to close the banner - it [THE BANNER] always reappears when navigating to another forum .... it's just like those pesky GNATS I get near my plants (indoor)...I can't get rid of 'em!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Naff and pointless, it takes up useful Desktop space.

At least I can remove the Connections at the bottom, that I suppose are there to earn PCA money, but at least they're placed where they don't interfere with anything.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

As the bottom links only obscure adverts I can live with it - it will just take a bit of getting use to.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen