We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer laptop doesn't power on.

nerawan

Likes # 0

Hi guys. I have a small (10')Acer laptop that I bought in Bangkok 3 years ago. After 3 months I dropped it in the floor(cement) but it continued working for another month and then suddenly died. I power it on, I just see the green light but that is all. Not any messages in the screen (just black). Any ideas what it coud be. The hard drive or maybe the motherboard?.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Have you checked that it is not just the screen by connecting an external monitor to the VGA socket? Are there any sounds coming from it?

Like this post
nerawan

Likes # 0

yES. I CONNECT IT BUT NOTHING HAPPENS.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Maybe the memory or hard drive has been dislodged by the fall.Have you checked to see that they are firmly secure..

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

When you connected the external monitor did you push the appropriate keys to switch to the external display? Look at this webpage on another computer for all the keys. It seems to be Fn +F5 to toggle the display and Fn +F6 to turn the backlight off. These are for Aspire One netbooks, you don't say which model you have.

Like this post
nerawan

Likes # 0

model AOA-150. Keys are fn and f5 but nothing happens. yesterday I opened it and hard drive and memory are firmly secure. Also I flush the Bios using a usb stick and pressing fn/esc and power key. It's supposed to blink after a few seconds but nothing. It looks it's the motherboard.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Try using it without the Battery, Just try on mains adapter

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I have two Acers.

Both have flaky power supply plugs.

Just a thought.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015