We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Label template - none standard sizes

Trenny
Resolved

Likes # 0

Can someone suggest where I can find a label template for A4 pages containing 32 labels of 45mm x 34mm and also 84 labels of 46mm x 10mm? I don't think that either has an Avery code, nor appears to be on the Avery site.

I have tried AAD032 and AAD084 from http://www.aalabels.com/Products-of-T148-.html. But they have black lines around each label which I cannot remove. (see Previous post).

I use M/s word 2007 and Vista.

Any help appreciated.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Suggest that you create your own.

In Word 2007 - Mailings tab - Labels - then select options - then new label. Get a ruler and measure your labels and then input the dimensions. Give it a relevant name and do a trial print.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

The closest I can come up with is GLD032 and GLD084 from Green Labels Click Here

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Looks as if it has had a name change since I last bought from them, it is now Toners Express but the link I sent still works.

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

Yes, Woolwell, i think I'll have to. Thanks for starting me off.

chub_tor, I don't think that this page has templates - or have I missed something?

I'll close this thread as I am away for a few days, but feel free to add comments, if you wish.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Previous thread http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/1/tech-helproom/4170606/label-template--hw-do-i-remove-black-lines/

No wonder suggestions in this thread and your others have not worked.

The 'templates' you got AAD032 has not been made as a table. It is an ordinary Word.doc and has been made using 'Format', 'text boxes' with a rounded rectangle edge, fill colour white, and have a line around them.

The first thing to do is to make copy of the AAD032.doc and keep the original safe, always work with the copy you have made.

To remove the lines you will have to do them individually by clicking inside one then: On the Ribbon, 'Format' tab, 'Text Box Styles' section, 'Shape Outline', and choose 'No Outline'

I suggest you do all your typing in boxes before you remove the lines as you will not be able to see clearly where each text box is after the lines have gone.

Tip: On a plain A4 sheet do a test print of boxes with the lines round them and hold it up against the sheet of labels to make sure your text will fall inside the actual label sheet.

(Note the difference between a label template made using a table and a word doc using Text boxes)

Like this post  
chub_tor

Likes # 0

My apologies, I thought that you were looking for labels and not templates, must read more carefully in future.

Like this post
Trenny

Likes # 0

Success, Lotvic! It worked. To select multiple boxes, one has to press ctl and select each box border seperately.

As you say, type in the label first, then remove, as the outline is not shown as it is in the Avery templates. Using the HOME>show paragraph marks option they show up.

Problem solved. Many thanks.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Glad that worked okay, it was certainly a puzzle, and thanks for the extra tips on selecting etc :)

Avery templates are made using Table and the lines you see in those are 'gridlines' and do not print out. (to print lines round each cell you have to put borders round as per my response in other thread)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...