We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Where do I put music in order for iTunes and Media player to access it easily?

hawthorn59

Likes # 0

Hi folks,

Having reformatted a couple of months ago, I am now ready to put my music back on my laptop. I like WMP but also iTunes, especially as I have an iPhone.

However Im a bit confused as to where exactly I should drag over my music collection. If I put it in My Music, will only WMP be able to access it? Is iTunes looking in a different place??

Also for future use, if I import a CD to WMP will it also go to iTunes? Im unsure of this?

Or would I be better off just using one player, and which one!?

thanks

H

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Take a look here to see if this helps - scroll down to about 6th or 7th posting which hopefully explains what you need to do.

enter link description here

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I have both iTunes and WMP on my Win7 PC, does not matter where I put my music, I can play the music with either of them.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Import a CD into iTunes and you can still access that music in WMP.

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

But it looks like they look in different locations! OK if I import a CD into iTunes, WMP can still access it, but does it work the other way around...?

thanks

H

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Yes - basically because all your music is in one folder. i.e. My Music.

Like this post
hawthorn59

Likes # 0

No I've imported a CD into WMP but its not displayed in iTunes Library/Music

Its a bit of a pain!

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Try it the other way round, import CD to iTunes, then have a look in WMP - after doing a re-start.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Stop running out of cellular data on your iPhone, see which apps use the most data