We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Installed Programme Quad Core, problems?

moonraker50

Likes # 0

I recently asked about my supposedly Quad Core Pc being slower than my Dual Core, however i intalled a programme and under CPU's it says 3 on my machine. Ive had a stroke since i purchased the PC and cant remember where i purchased it from. I think i've been ripped off but can i anyway overclock the CPU's to speed it up. Looks like i shall be having to buy a quad core from PC World or someone else and not an online firm. Any suggestions please?

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Can you give us the make, and model numbers, of both your machines. We need that before anyone can begin to help.

Like this post
moonraker50

Likes # 0

I'm sorry i cant really see any make, model numbers anywhere, so looks as though i am stuck with it, thanks for your help:-)

Like this post
moonraker50

Likes # 0

I'm sorry i cant really see any make, model numbers anywhere, so looks as though i am stuck with it, thanks for your help:-)

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

If it is quad core, under device manager you should see 4 cpus as it were.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days