We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bios "Bleep" Is Barely Audible

Press Man

Likes # 0

Hi Guys,

As the title says, I have to put my ear to the case to hear the "post bleep". This has been like this since I changed my case to a CoolerMaster Elite 371, prior to that with the old case a CoolerMaster 335U the sound level was fine? The 371 case came with no fitted case speaker, but an individual speaker that fits to the front panel header on the mother board. Have tried a different case speaker bought from Maplins http://www.maplin.co.uk/motherboard-testing-switch-set-98842, a new 850W power supply used, re-loaded Win 7 but no change. If I remove the Ram and or the GPU should I hear the bios/case speaker bleep? Specs:-MB Asus M5A99X Evo, 16 gig Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz ram, AMD Bulldozer 6100 3.3 CPU, XFX 6850 GPU, OP system Win7.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......