We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hi i need motherboard advice please

TheGreenBean

Likes # 0

Hi First time thread. I am looking to upgrade my motherboard.I have a Foxconn H61MXL-K at the moment.I understand it's an entry level MB. I'm looking for a board for gaming mostly but i don't want to affect the normal day to day running of my pc. My specs i5 processor 8gb ram 2 tb hard drive 750w power supply I believe my motherboard is an LGA 1155 micro Im sorry if it's all over the place im not pc savvy at all

I found a board online
Asus P8H61-M Would this be an improvement on what i have at the moment? What should i be looking for in a gaming motherboard?

If anyone could be so kind to help me i would be very greatfull.

Like this post
MickMickTheGeek

Likes # 0

Hiya, The motherboard you were looking at is just an entry level. Not the best performance for gaming. The give away is that it comes with an integrated VGA port which are limited as they have standard GPU's and memory is normally a portion of your RAM. Pro boards have only have slots to allow you to get a pro video card. ~See these MB options and price ranges to see the scale of standard to pro. http://www.scan.co.uk/index.aspx?NT=17-0-124-1016.1017.1014.1015.753.993.1012.1013.931.990.999.769.815.1001-0

Take a look at these Gamer PC build spec combo's that should influence you to what you need / afford. http://3xs.scan.co.uk/Category.asp?SystemMasterCategoryID=20

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback