We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

do web hosters help you with technical issues?

resolute

Likes # 0

I want to design my own website and get a company to host it? Could I get a host to help me with technical problems say for example if it went down or something was not working correctly? Or do I need to take care of technical problemss? and would it be hard for me to deal with say for example my site going down? and would I be able to solve such an issue?

Thankyou

Like this post
resolute

Likes # 0

thankyou so much for helping me - I am new here and new to website design - I will come back tomorrow and read your answer in more detail as its 2am in the morning

thanks again

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Could I get a host to help me with technical problems say for example if it went down or something was not working correctly?"

If your site goes off-line it will almost certainly be a server fault, and the host will know about it - lots of other sites will be hosted on the same server. It's a very rare occurrence with good hosting companies, in fact it's so rare it's not worth worrying about.

'Something not working correctly' will almost certainly be down to you - an error in site design, or something that hasn't been uploaded to the server. You might find that your host will offer a database of commonly asked questions, but don't count on it. You'll get free help and advice here, so don't let it be a worry.

fourm member's advice is good - don't try to predict the problems - face them as they arise. Designing and publishing a first website puts you on a learning curve,but you can find the answer to more or less anything on the web - let Google and us be your friends.

Like this post
jonasmarsh621

Likes # 0

Hosts will definitely help you out as long as the problem is caused by their server and not by you. Its their responsibility since you are paying them.

Like this post
Vain

Likes # 0

If you find a good host, like LiquidWeb or BlueHost etc, they provide excellent support and will help you with a lot of things. I currently use LiquidWeb and they've been incredibly helpful in the 6 months I've used them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more