We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PNY card reader not working

xppckid

Likes # 0

Hello, just got a PNY multi slot usb 2.0 card reader and usb hub, i,m using windows xp, when i plug it in it lights up, then sign comes on saying can be quicker to use faster port, it another window it only shows the broadband belking port i,m using, in my computer it shows removable disk, insert disk but nothing happens, any advice please, it also shows up in the device manager that its ok,

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

Plug it directly into the computer USB port. Hubs can create problems. Also what type of card are you using?

Like this post
xppckid

Likes # 0

have plugged it in , it lights up, using micro sd, plugged another 8gb keyring storage device into the usb hub part and that worked, but not the memory card

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

HC card? maybe old type reader that can't see HC cards (above 2G)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...